Regain Your Quality of Life and Smile with Dental Implants in NYC
Despite huge advances in dental care, many people still suffer from ailments like tooth decay or gingivitis, causing them to lose their teeth. Your smile is an integral part of your appearance and your personality. If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants could be the perfect solution to restore your full and healthy smile. Our proven innovative system leads the industry in reducing recovery time and simplifying the entire process.
The creation of dental implants has allowed millions of people to once again enjoy the foods they love, smile with confidence and restore their lives after suffering from tooth loss. Dr. Jeffrey Rabinowitz has a proven, innovative system that reduces recovery time and simplifies the process of obtaining dental implants. If you wish to regain your smile with teeth that match your natural teeth, dental implants may be perfect for you. Studies show that the success rate for today’s dental implants is as high as 98%. You can trust our highly skilled dentist to ensure your successful outcome.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the best long-term solution for individuals who are missing teeth. Our dentist utilizes medical-grade titanium implant fixtures that fuse to your jawbone to ensure they do not become loose and fall out in the future. Once the implant is successfully grafted to your jawbone, a permanent crown is placed on top of the implant—resulting in teeth that look and feel 100% natural. Today’s implants are not susceptible to tooth decay and rarely suffer from peri-implant disease. Since they are considered permanent, they are designed to last a lifetime.
Are dental implants for me?
While alternative procedures may be beneficial for individuals with inadequate bone mass, dental implants are the best method to permanently replace missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Those who are missing teeth suffer from more than just aesthetic issues. Replacing teeth with dental implants can help with speech, comfort, eating and oral health. There are many benefits to dental implants, including the fact that these implants are:
- Permanently Affixed: You do not need to worry about your implant moving while you eat, talk or sleep. You will also not have to remove them every night before bed.
- Easy to Care for: You can treat your dental implant how you treat your other teeth—simply brush and floss them with the rest of your teeth. Your dentist may also suggest using a water flosser to more thoroughly clean your gums once a day. No additional special care is needed.
- Able to Stop Bone Resorption: Dental implants are the only type of tooth replacement procedure that can stop jaw bone resorption. This is possible because the titanium post of your dental implants transfers the forces of biting and chewing into your jaw bone just like a natural tooth root, keeping the bone strong and dense.
- Not Necessary to Replace: Your dental implants are designed with incredible strength and may last for the rest of your life. While bridges and dentures must be replaced every 5-15 years, dental implants will never need to be replaced if you care for them properly.
- Good for Improving Overall Health: Some patients have even noticed an improvement in their overall health once they can eat hard foods again such as nuts and certain types of fruits.
Types of Dental Implants
Regardless of why you lost a tooth, dental implants may be able to help restore your smile. Your smile is a vital part of your appearance and personality, so replace your missing tooth or teeth with the closest thing to real teeth—dental implants! By attaching to your jawbone, they create a strong foundation for replacement teeth so you can enjoy your smile for many years to come.
Dental implants are the best long-term solution for missing teeth. Our doctor uses a medical-grade titanium implant fixture that actually fuses to living bone and places a permanent crown on the implant, resulting in teeth that look and feel completely natural.
There are various types of dental implants including:
- Single Dental Implant: A single dental implant replaces one missing tooth. These implants can be placed anywhere in the mouth to replace a tooth that is failing or has been lost for any reason.
- Multiple Dental Implants: Multiple implants are used in adjacent or separate areas of the mouth to replace multiple missing teeth. They can also be used to secure a partial prosthesis if you have multiple adjacent missing teeth.
- All-On-Four Dental Implants: All-on-four dental implants use four dental implants to provide an attachment for a single fixed bridge that replaces all teeth in your upper or lower jaw.
Dental Implants as Part of Your Restorative Dental Care
Restorative dental care focuses on returning your smile to good health. A healthy smile improves your quality of life and can even enhance your physical appearance.
- The purpose of restorative dentistry is to restore both the look and health of your smile. Dental implants can have a beneficial effect on your dental health and overall wellness by promoting a stronger jawbone to prevent future tooth loss and allowing you to eat a variety of foods for good oral and general health.
- Missing teeth are often associated with poor health and advanced age. Furthermore, the bone loss that accompanies tooth loss can give your face an aged and sunken look. Thus, replacing missing teeth with dental implants can help you turn back the clock for a smile that helps your entire face look younger and healthier.
- Poorly-fitting dentures can irritate your mouth, causing discomfort and putting you at increased risk for infection. Securing your dentures with dental implants will not only improve your confidence when eating and speaking, but restore the health of the soft tissues of your mouth as well.
The Dental Implant Process
When you visit Dr. Jeffrey Rabinowitz, we will schedule a complimentary consultation to learn if you are candidate for dental implants, set up a 3D scan appointment and begin the treatment planning process, if you are eligible. If you are eligible for dental implants, we can proceed with implant placement and temporization so you can leave with “teeth.” Lastly, we carry out a final permanent restoration once your mouth has healed.
Dental Implant Procedure
As Dr. Rabinowitz will explain during your consultation, the dental implant procedure is nothing to be nervous about. Within six months or so, you’ll have a perfectly functional new tooth.
- Implantation: The first step involves the placement of an implant. A dental implant is a screw-like device that fits very securely into your gums. Dr. Rabinowitz is a sedation dentistry expert, and can make sure you feel no pain.
- Osseointegration: Over the next several months, the implant will fuse to your jawbone though a process called osseointegration. This is to ensure that your implant remains securely in your mouth for the foreseeable future.
- Placing the Crown: Finally, Dr. Rabinowitz places the abutment and crown over your implant, completing your smile once and for all. Your crown should perfectly match the size, shape, and color of your natural teeth.
While dental implants are not the only tooth replacement option, they have many benefits over dental bridges and dentures. If you wish to schedule a complimentary dental implant consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Rabinowitz, call our office today at (212) 826-2322.
Why Choose Us?
- 5 Star Reviews
- 24 Hour Emergency Dental Care & Same Day Appointments
- Flexible Payment Plans & We Accept Most Insurance
- Honest, Compassionate Dental Solutions From a Leading Dental Professional